Do you wish to travel abroad? It could be that your country of destination has regulations to prevent the import of COVID-19. In many cases a PCR-test with a statement and/or a serological test is needed. The Travel Clinic Erasmus MC provides these tests.
We also provide serological tests for people who are not traveling. Read more >
- PCR-test: Most countries want to know if you are currently contaminated with COVID-19. They require a COVID-19 PCR-test with a statement. If your test result is negative, you are allowed to travel into the country.
- Serological test: Other countries require both a PCR-test and a serological test, also known as an antibody test. This test shows if you have antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 in your body, which means you have already gone through COVID-19 or have been vaccinated successfully.
Whether you need a COVID-19 test in order to travel, and if so which one, can be found on www.wijsopreis.nl (in Dutch).
Making an appointment
COVID-19 tests are done by appointment. We are open from Monday to Friday from 8.45 am till 4.30 pm. You can make an appointment by simply phoning 010-704 5050 (Mon-Fri 8.30 am - 5 pm).
Bring to the appointment
When you come for the appointment, bring the passport or ID-card with which you will be traveling. The document number must be listed on the travel statement. Without this document number, the travel statement is invalid and the airline or country of destination can refuse to admit you.
How does it work and what does it cost?
PCR-test: During this test our nurse uses a cotton bud to swab the nose and throat. The material is then sent to the laboratory where it is examined for the presence of the COVID-19 virus. You will receive your test result and travel statement by secure email within 48 hours. If your test is taken before 12:00 am, you will receive the results within 24 hours. The PCR-test costs € 95,-
Serological test: During this test our nurse draws a vial of blood. The sample is sent to the laboratory where it is examined for antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. You will receive the results and a travel statement via secure email. The serological test costs € 60,-
PCR-test and serological test: If you need a combination of both the PCR-test and the serological test, you pay € 150,- You will receive the results via two seperate secure emails.
- We can only test you if you have no symptoms. If you have any symptoms matching COVID-19, you need to cancel your appointment (010-704 5050) and contact the GGD.
- You need to check which COVID-19 test is needed for your journey. Also check which regulations apply regarding the validity of the travel statement. You can find this information on www.wijsopreis.nl (in Dutch).
- We do the serological test from the age of 18.
- The combination price for a PCR-test and a serological test only applies if both tests take place on the same day.
- We have good agreements with our laboratory about lead times. In rare cases it can happen that the results arrive late. For instance in case of a technical problem in the lab or if the result is borderline (neither positive nor negative). In this case the sample has to be reanalyzed. We are not liable for any delay. We will inform you as soon as possible and will do everything we can to obtain the test result.